Another month rushes by. We have submitted all necessary paperwork to Steam and were hoping to start using steamworks ASAP. Unfortunately as non US-developer we need an US Tax or employer identification number. I got this ASAP but I´ve been also told that it might take up to 4 weeks to be visible for Steam. Just another small stone in the way.
Julian has made some nice progress. Our server-client architecture is now fully authoritative. Hacking will be much harder now! Since we have changed the fundamentals of our multiplayer, we also had to change many of the games core system too. Like building, damage dealing, the item system and crafting. It took us weeks to re-write these but we´re sure it´s for a better.
During the demo we we´re patching the same problems over and over again. We´re pretty sure that we got these sorted now once and for all. Sometimes it´s just better to start from scratch if you want a better result.
Check our public trello if you want to know more about the details :